15 February 2013

That White Washed effect.

I am such a fan of that French, farmhouse, whitewashed, shabby chic look. It just rings bells for me. I really can't explain how our color and style attraction works....someone shows you a bit of fabric, or you see a photo of a gorgeous interior, or maybe a nineteenth century dress. It is the color and the texture, it just takes your breath away. And it is so different for each of us.
I made three cards that kind of have that white washed feeling. A couple are actually white washed. I stamped the image on the background then knocked parts of it back with Versamagic White. I have also whitewashed the edges of the card base. I love the effect.
I have used mostly Hero Arts stamps. See what you think???
Remember to click on the image for a larger view.


 
The cream background at the base of the bird card is Shantung silk, attached to the card with the ATG gun. This worked really well. I love the texture, and of course the luster of the silk. I will definitely use this again.
 
 
Just love crinkled, dyed, rayon ribbon.

No comments: