20 May 2013

Moxie Fab's Tuesday Trigger - Right On Target

I was a little flummoxed when I saw the image this week. All those colors!!
Then, for some reason, a fairisle jumper I wore in the seventies came to mind and inspired the first card.

 
 
 
 

I have used a PTI Clear Stamp (Background Basics - Chevron Stripes) with many Memento colors for the chevrons. The 'many' is a Quickutz Lollipop Alphabet die and the 'Thanks' is a Hero Arts Sentiment stamp.(Thank a Bunch CL663)
Then I thought, how would I interpret the image as a CAS card. I made a second card to challenge myself.

 
 

The bars are stamped with a Hero Arts stamp (Little Greeting Background C1973) made for shadow inks, remember those. I love the irregular edges. I stamped off some of the ink on scrap paper, then stamped the card. It gave a wonderful blotchy effect. The sentiment is also Hero Arts ( Truly Appreciated CL380)

Until next time.
Thanks for calling.

3 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Great cards! I love how you layered the chevron circle over the chevron background!

stampingandstitching said...

Karen, love seeing how the Trigger photo inspired you to make two totally different beautiful cards! On the first one I love the mix of colours and the way you've added the sentiment! On the second one I again love the mix of colours and the soft dreamy look you've achieved!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Karen! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)