23 June 2013

More Cards for Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger Vintage Vagabond :-)

OK, I said in my last Trigger post, 'there might be more cards'.....and there is......actually..... slightly overkill ....... eeeek!
It's the earthy colours. I know from much experience in quilting, they leave a lot of people cold.
For me, they are heaven.
I was also really inspired by the different textures in the image, especially the stripes.
I have two more cards for the challenge in this post.

This challenge ended up being a series, where one idea led to another.
So I am posting the journey......7 cards in total, two already posted Here.

After 7 months of card making my 'style' is still evolving.(I did make cards 7 years ago but so much has changed since then.) The only thing I know for sure, my style is not CAS. I am happiest when mixing stamps, die shapes, designer papers and bellies.




 
 
 
 
I have used Papertrey Ink - Doily Details Die Collection (set of 3)  for both of these cards.
 

 
For this card I cut Strips in Black and Craft card stock to make the background. It's very bold but I like it.
The Butterfly is a Cuttlebug Die that I have had for a while.
The sentiment is from Hero Arts.
 
 
 
 
 
The other cards:-
 
 The truck had a Vagabondy look to me. A Vagabond brings images of someone travelling and time passing......I think the Tim Holtz stamp I have used that says 'Time is a companion'  fits perfectly.
I have used several stamps from this set in the following cards.

  
 
Butterflies seem to be journeying and searching....a winged Vagabond.

 
 The frame is Papertrey Ink - Mat Stack 5Die and stamp set. 

The Butterfly is from Kaisercraft -Timeless collection here.

 
The Butterfly is a Cuttlebug Die
 
 
Thanks for journeying with me.
Until next time...........................

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, these are all gorgeous! I love the way this week's Tuesday Trigger image inspired so many different cards for you. Beautiful work!

Nancy Penir said...

Great work! Love them all, partial to the one with the truck. Beautiful contrasts of colors and textures.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So many cards for one challenge - I am impressed! I actually like them all, but my favorite is the second one with the horizontal stripes!

Helen F. said...

Oh what fabulous cards, each one captures the TT in a different way. Love the doilies, the butterfly and that antique truck! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Karen! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)