16 July 2013

Green and Tangerine!!

Wow! What a rush for the colourQ challenge #197...
I had made all the elements, and settled on an arrangement for this card last night thinking I would be home in heaps of time today to finish it before the deadline. It didn't happen. So I have run through the door, put myself on 'Fastforward', made the card, whizzed through photography, and dived to the computer. The card was linked without a written post. :-( So here it is now.


 
Here is the card. The vertical dark background is black card with a leather like pattern on it. When it is cut the core is a reddy/brown. So it is a warm, organic black Sylvia. :-) When I took the photo, the late afternoon light was very strange.
 
Added Note 8 August:-I was so delighted to see this card was chosen as the ColourQ Colour Queen, what a thrill!!
I was very curious about the 'is it brown or black' discussion on the card. On my screen, when I look at the photo straight-on (eye level) the card looks black, but I was amazed to see that background strip go very brown if I looked down on it!! I am sure there is an explanation for this phenomenon, but truly, in real life, it is black. And yes, there was a bit of photo tinkering to present the best image of the card.
 
 
 
 
 
Flower and Sentiment are both from Hero Arts.
 
Thanks for dropping by.

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

Hi Karen, is your brown, black? Lovely design and flower! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

~amy~ said...

so very pretty...love the layered bloom!

savvy teaching tips said...

Beautiful card. I'm so glad you joined us at the Colour Q this week.