15 July 2013

Oh Honey...................................

There is such a lot you can do with the images from Play Date CafĂ©  and the An Oh {so} Sweet Color Challenge was no exception. I have seen a bit of burlap on cards recently and just love the texture. I thought it would really suit this challenge.
I didn't have Burlap, but I did have Hessian (probably the same thing :-) so this was my starting point for the card. I swiped a bit of ink over it, and whizzed it through the Cuttlebug.

 
I also decided splatters would suit the theme, but my 'splatter' technique is still developing.
I wanted the splatters to be a bit 'blobby', so I mixed a little matt Mod Podge and water with distress ink. This splattered very nicely and didn't spread. See what you think.

 
The Hessian was cut with an oval Spellbinders die.

The black and white spotty flower in behind the medallion is from MME Antique Dots 12" pad, punched with a jumbo 3" FLOWER  Giga Clever Lever Paper Craft Punch Marvy

The Kraft doily is Papertrey Ink - Doily Details Die Collection (set of 3)
 
 
The  doily stamp is from Wplus9  Lacey Layers. Has a matching die set.

 
The sentiment is from  PTI Wonderful Words Hello Mini Stamp Set (2628). The Hello has a matching die.
 
 
 
Once again, thanks for calling.........happy crafting.



4 comments:

~amy~ said...

gorgeous!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I like the artsy feel of this card. Blessings!

anya said...

This is amazing. I love the layering and the patterns. You really have created a stunning work of art! So glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

Alicia said...

Lovely layering here... so much pretty to look at! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!