29 September 2013

ColourQ Challenge # 208 - Black and White with one Colour.

As soon as I saw ColourQ's challenge for this week I knew my 'other' colour was going to be turquoise.
I have no idea why, it just popped into my head!!



 I have to say, I love this card. I have used the trendy blackboard background for the sentiment.
I haven't read any 'how to's' on this technique yet. I just rubbed a bit of white pastel on the black cutout with a dry tissue. I think this achieved the blackboardy look .




Stamps: Hero Arts sentiment, Avery Elle honey comb border
Dies: Spellbinders medium rolled rose, foliage hand punch
Paper: Neenah White, Kaisercraft black, Blackboard and turquoise background Pixel Scrapper
Other: B/W twine, grosgrain ribbon, flatback pearl, rhinestones.

Thanks for dropping by.

5 comments:

Hannelie said...

Thank you Karen for visiting me and your kind words!
So glad I came here, because I love your beautiful cards! Will definitely pop in again soon!
Hugs

Loll said...

Hi Karen. Great job with the blackboard technique ... I have yet to try it. Love your card with all those beautiful roses! Loll xx

LeAnne said...

Such a bright, fun card....love that blue, as well as your chalkboard technique! Thanks for playing with the CQC this week!

Claire said...

The black against the turquoise looks so striking and vibrant...beautiful...thanks for joining us at Colour Q this week Karen!

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Karen, love those roses! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.