19 November 2013

Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge #84 - Use a tree and some bling on your card.

The colours for last week's challenge certainly brought out some gorgeous designs. I love how Challenges focus you on using just a few items or colours for a card. Seeing how you all interpret the theme each week is a real treat.   

In this week's Merry Monday Challenge, we are asked to use a Christmas tree on our card, and a bit of bling. The trees in the inspiration image are fabulous.


 Once again I found myself without a suitable image so I resorted to creating a wee tree in my graphics program.  The die cut 'celebrate' with added glitter is the bling on my card. I do love these soft versions of traditional Christmas colours.



Stamps: Hero Arts Sentiments
Dies: MFT 'Celebrate' Accent it dies, Lawn Fawn Stitched leaves, Spellbinders labels 17 and eyelet circles, Dee's Distinctively WREATH BUILDER Die Holly leaves
Ink: Versafine Black, and red, Distress ink edges. Perfect pearls on tree
Other: Glitter Donna Salazar, buttons, pearls, seam binding, twine, starDigital: Own design tree.

Drop by the other design team members blogs to see their fabulous cards. These can be accessed from Lesley's blog, Always Playing With Paper

See you here next week....Christmas is just a squeek away so get those Christmas cards finished!

13 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. I love how you created your tree.

Lesley said...

Wow, love the collage feel to your pretty card, Karen!

Linda Callahan said...

Such a pretty card! I love the soft colors too and the tree is so sweet trimmed with pearls!

Loll said...

Love the soft shades as well Karen. This is so gorgeous ... a wonderful mix of elements that all come together perfectly - you are a master at that! Loll xx

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous, Karen! I love your tree with all those pretty white pearls! So many awesome things on your card that are eye catching! Wonderful job! Have a great week! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen:
Such a cute card love how you did your bling and the CELEBRATE looks terrific, just gorgeous.
Hugs

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Karen, you have so many fabulous details.

LeAnne said...

I love your wee tree! Your card has so many nice things going on....but I love the sparkly words the best!

Karren said...

So clever to create your own tree, Karen. This card is gorgeous.

Nancy Penir said...

Just beautiful Karen. Perfect tree! Love the treatment of the holly!

Bonnie said...

What a delightful tree, Karen! You are so clever with that computer! I LOVE the pink star on top!

Marybeth said...

Karen this is such a sweet tree,don't think I have seen it before . Love the sparkly sentiment !

Greta said...

Love the pearls on your pretty tree & the glittered word--beautiful!