03 September 2016

Color Throwdown #408

Today's card is for the Color Throwdown Challenge Bog. We are asked to use primary colours.
Have a look at the inspiration.

 

I am not usually drawn to bright primary colours, but I think that may be changing......especially after working on a wee project this week, that is yet to be revealed. :)
I stayed with the school theme and the ink splats in the swatches. I can remember learning to write with a dip pen!! Starting a gorgeous, clean , white page, getting so far then getting the dreaded ink splat! This happened when you dipped the nib and didn't do a wee wipe on the side of the inkwell before hovering over the paper. Seems such a long time ago. Anyway, ink splats are no longer dreaded!! They are a thing of beauty, especially on our cards.
Here is my ink splat card with die cut splats which are cut from Distress inked cardstock.



Sissix Thinlits Scribbles and Splat
Avery Elle Hand Written Notes
My Favorite Things STITCHED RECTANGLE SCALLOP FRAMES 
Kaisercraft Journal Cards Essential pack
Distress inks
Numbers Die???????


Have a great weekend.


2 comments:

Lyn said...

Awesome card <3 I adore those splatters

Karren said...

This is so much fun, Karen! Love how you've used these primary colours!